Since I'm on a big ole' reading kick right now I thought "what the heck...what's one more challenge." So I'm participating in The Story Siren's 2010 Debut Author Challenge. Here's the information that you need to know.....If you click on the RED words it will take you directly to the post with all of the information you need in it as well.
What is the 2010 Debut Author Challenge?
The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year.* I'm going to challenge everyone to read at least 12 debut novels! I’m hoping to read at least 30! You don’t have to list your choices right away, but if you do feel free to change them throughout the year. I will also be focusing on mostly Young Adult novels.
Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by posting a review on Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site.
The challenge will run from January 1, 2009- December 31, 2009. You can join at anytime!
* I would like to limit the novels to those released in 2010.
The Potential List:
1. A Love Story Starring My Dead Best Friend by Emily Horner
2. The Secret Year - Jennifer Hubbard
3. Sea - Heidi R. Kling
4. Faithful - Janet Fox
5. The Cinderella Society - Kay Cassidy
6. Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
7. Leaving Gee's Bend - Irene Latham
8. Forget-Her-Not's - Amy Brecount White
9. Wolves, Boys and Other Things That Might Kill Me - Kristen Chandler
10. Everlasting - Angie Frazier
11. Shooting Kabul - N.H. Senzai
12. The Best and Hardest Thing - Pat Brisson
13. A Match Made In High School - Kristin Walker
14. Under My Skin - Judith Graves